PEN Texas invites all writers in the Southwestern states to participate in the 2017 contest for excellence in writing in the categories of Poetry, Fiction, Creative Non-fiction, and Literary Translation. The winner in each category will receive a $500 prize, co-sponsored by PEN Center USA and PEN Texas.
The contest is open to full (regular) members of PEN Center USA and PEN America living in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. It is also open to Associate Members of PEN Texas. Entries must be books published between May 15, 2015 and August 1, 2017. Self-published books are eligible. Translations must be into English.
Entries must be received no later than September 1, 2017.
(1) To pay the $25 entry fee, please use the button below. The site will accept Paypal and all major credit cards.
(2) Then email a copy of your PayPal transaction ID (or a copy of your PayPal invoice), along with the following info, to [email protected].
- Author’s name
- Title of the book being entered
- Genre of the title being entered (poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, and literary translation)
(3) Finally, mail three copies of each title to:
- PEN SOUTHWEST BOOK AWARDS
- Joe Milazzo
- 2639 Sharpview Lane
- Dallas, TX, 75228
Books will not be returned. For acknowledgement of receipt, please enclose an email address. Please do not send fourth class book rate unless ample time for delivery is assured.
Winners will be announced in late January of 2018.
We look forward to reading your work!